It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Taxi from Airport
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 pm 

First time visit to the Island,can anyone tells me is it easy to pick up taxi at Airport or better to pre book and any idea on prices from airport

Post subject: Re: Taxi from Airport
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:37 am 

Probably no more than 12-13 euros depending on where in Caleta you are staying.

I wouldn't bother booking a transfer unless you were staying further afield (where a taxi becomes very expensive) because of the waiting around for the bus to fill up.

There are also plenty of public buses between Caleta and the Airport.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:53 pm 

Just wondering if there were transfer companies like LastMinute in Lanzarote, that are cheaper than a taxi but less hassle than a bus? I´m heading down south, either Morro Jable / Jandia or Costa Calma way and looking at transport options. OR....is it just easier to hire a car?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:40 pm 

There are a variety of transport options from the airport and your choice will depend on where you are staying on the island.

A taxi to Morro Jable will cost you around 100Euro. To Costa Calma a little less. However, for this price, you may as well hire a car for the time you are here, as it will cost about the same, but means you will be able to see much more of the island.

There are a number of coach transfer options and if you don´t want to drive and plan to stay in the resort during your holiday, then this may be the option for you.

Given Fuerteventura is a long island and there is so much to see, I would highly recommend hiring a car. There are a number of good companies to choose from, my preference is Cabrera Medina (also called CICAR) - having used them for over 10 years (in Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, El Hierro and Fuerte) with not one issue. Who ever you choose (if you rent a car) make sure you do book in advance as the island gets very busy, especially during the peak summer holiday season.....

- Lanza ExPat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:25 pm 

Thanks LanzaExP. I think I´m going to hire a car because I do want to visit a few places and can see from maps that theres decent distances between the places I´d like to go to.

Looking forward to it now 8) 8) 8)