It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Restaurants
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:35 pm 
Any Recommendations for seafood restaurants in Morro Jable?

Post subject: Where to go for fish and seafood in Morro Jable and Jandia
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:54 pm 

I know this was an old post, but figured people must still want to know where's good to eat :)

Charly is great for fresh fish - I''ve tasted both the Dorada and Parrot Fish both were superb! (they also do a wonderful fillet steak!)

Mis Abuelos serves tapas in the day time and is my favourite. They have a few fish/seafood dishes - you must try the churros de pescado, croquettas de pescado, stuffed peppers with seafood and topped with melted cheese (yum) and garlic prawns (best I've tasted!). They also have various specials each day - they usually have a Salpicon (fish in vinaigrette) of tuna and one of octopus which are great - but once they're gone that it.....

Saavedra Clavijo also serves lovely fresh fish - has the seabass and dorada here. Garlic Prawns are pretty good. They have lovely Mojo sauces here too. Price isn't too bad given its sea front. It soon adds up if you eat Tapas here though.

Friends of mine have eaten at La Farola del Mar and loved it. I walk past here quite often and see that most people go for the fresh fish and also beautiful fish (and seafood?) platters too.

Some Chiringuitos also sell fresh fish / seafood and are well worth a try. I usually eat at the one at Butihondo/Esquinzo. I've had languistinos, calamari (Saharan) and Dorada - not at the same time - all of which very good - although the languistinos were slightly over cooked....

If you want to - give Lapas a try. They're a very Canarian thing and although I'm not a massive fan, some people are. (They're usually smothered in garlic butter / oil or served with mojo). The bar/restaurant in Cofete seems to sell them by the bucket load.....

Post subject: Re: Restaurants
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:52 pm 

I can concur that Mis Abuelos and Charlie/Charly is great....Well worth a visit - Mis Abuelos is our favourite. Its very unpretencious, down to earth with great service, super family feel and just yummy food.
:)

Post subject: Re: Restaurants in Jandia and Morro Jable
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 am 

El Callao is also pretty good. Its just up from Vesubio on the front. They have live music on a Saturday evening and serve modern style tapas. We met some friends there and enjoyed a lovely bottle of red from Tenerife (the name escapes me I'm afraid). Its well worth a visit.