It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bus and Ferry connections
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:04 pm 
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a bus from the Airport to Corralejo so that I can get the Ferry to Lanzarote?
The Ryanair flights from Dublin to Fuerteventura are much cheaper than those that go directly to Lanzarote and I'm trying to avoid getting a Taxi.

If anyone else has done the same (gone to Lanzarote via Fuerteventura), maybe they could let me know?

Post subject: Re: Bus and Ferry connections
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:40 am 
I haven't done it myself, but a friend of mine has.

As far as I know, you can get the bus at the ferry terminal in Corralejo to Puerto del Rosario. From there, you can take either a Taxi or a Bus to Fuerteventura Airport (my friends took a taxi).

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:16 pm 
The post that was sent to you was right but there is no need to get a taxi as the bus goes past the airport.

Post subject: Re: Bus and Ferry connections (island hopping)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:17 am 

Its has become much easier to 'island hop' than it was in the past, although a lot more could be done (i.e. tourists not having to pay almost double that of a resident!)

From Fuerte its pretty easy to get to:
Lanzarote (from Corralejo in the north, via a 25 min ferry)
Gran Canaria (from Morro Jable in the south, via a 2.5 hr ferry)
and
Tenerife (some of the Gran Canaria ferries go onto Tenerife after stopping off at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)

If you want to get to any of the other islands then you´d be best to fly to Gran Canaria or Tenerife and get a Binter or CanaryFly flight from there - i.e to El Hierro......

Theres a helpful page on FuerteInfo´s new site:
https://www.fuerteventuraguide.com/trav ... e-islands/

Along with the bus routes and timetables here:
https://www.fuerteventuraguide.com/fuer ... imetables/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:09 am 

Just in case you've not heard it on the news but the travel discounts for Canary Island residents to travel both within the Canaries and to/from the Canaries to Mainland Spain have now been increased from 50 to 75% and comes into force today :)

(This is for air and ferry travel)

Even better for residents to travel and even better for those with companies that serve these routes ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:58 am 

To clarify:

In order to be eligible for the 75% inter-island travel discount, you need to be a Canary Island Resident. When purchasing a ticket, you will need to present your stamped official copy of your Residencia document.

If you own a house here but are not a resident, you are not eligible for the discount.

Don't forget that if you are planning to travel by ferry, and will be using a hire car, that you will need a signed and stamped document from the hire car company, authorising you to take the car off the island. (You will be asked for this document before boarding the ferry.)